Now just how many items of cookware can boast their own International Society? Well the Dutch oven can!
That’s just how much people love their Dutch ovens.
- In 1804, Lewis and Clark began on the first ever overland exploration of the United States. They travelled to the pacific coast and back again. On their return in 1806, they named the Dutch oven as one of the most important pieces of equipment that they had taken with them.
- The Dutch oven is the official cookware of the states of Texas, Utah and Arkansas.
- The camp Dutch oven is included as official equipment of the Boy Scouts of America.
Dutch ovens have so many uses. You can cook almost anything in a Dutch Oven including cakes and pies. This is one of the most versatile pieces of cooking equipment you will ever own.
The Dutch Oven is great for campfire cooking when you are out camping.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!