I recently brought a Jamie Oliver Professional Series, non-stick Tefal frypan and so far I am delighted with the performance.
I read a number of reviews before I settled on my final choice and considering I was spending around $200 I wanted to be sure I purchased the best my money could buy.
Apart from the obvious choice of the frypan being non-stick there were other features that I was looking for. The pan had to have nice deep sides and the whole frypan including the handle had to be both stove and ovenproof safe.
Some of the features of the Jamie Oliver frypan include:
- The frypan is made from 18/10 stainless-steel so it resists scratching and warping
- The metal does not react with foods
- The pan has a heavy-gauge aluminum core base for superior heat distribution
- And the metal-safe nonstick coating is safe to use with metal utensils, although I still use my nylon spatula and tongs
- The frypan has an easy to hold stainless-steel handle
The pan also has a ThermoSpot, whick is Tefal’s unique heat indicator that lets you know when the pan is preheated for cooking.
The frypan is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean and as an added bonus the frypan and handle are oven-safe to 260°C/500°F.
I have read how the non-stick coating can be harmful but this is only if you cook at very high temperatures for any length of time and your food will be well and truly burnt to a crisp by the time your frypan coating starts to release any harmful fumes.
Like most followers of Jamie, I feel he can be trusted and the fact that he has had a great deal of input into his range of cookware makes me feel confident in my choice. He uses his cookware on his current television series and subjects them to some amazing things including putting them in his outdoor oven. He also quite happily uses metal utensils on the non-stick coating.
Since I am so happy with the frypan I am considering buying the skillet.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!