Don’t be tempted to buy a cooker that is larger than your needs as each cooker is set to operate on a certain number of cups of rice and the relevant amount of water.
As a general guide, the sizes are as follows:
• Small Rice Cooker – 3 to 4 cups
• Medium Rice Cooker – 5 to 6 cups
• Large Rice Cooker – 7 to 10 cups
• Biggest Rice Cooker – 14 cups and over
If you’re buying a Japanese rice cooker you need to know that the manufacturer will be quoting cup sizes in Japanese cups. The Japanese cup is 200ml while an American cup is 240ml. To make life easier when you’re using your new rice cooker, use the measuring cup that will come with it.
Read more about rice cookers…
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!