Pretty much anything! That is one of the reasons that they are so popular. A few ideas are pizza, bread, sauces, soups, stews, ribs, cakes, cobblers, poultry, meat, pies and cookies.
You’re probably thinking ‘How could I cook a cake in a stew pot?’ but with a Dutch oven, you can!
There are two methods of cooking. One is when food is placed directly into the pot. Cakes can be cooked in this way but the second method makes it easier to get them out! This is when a trivet is placed in the bottom and the food to be cooked is in a dish or pan which is placed on the trivet – cakes, biscuits, bread, pizza etc.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!