Use a length of kitchen paper towel that is long enough to go across the rim of the pot. Fold it like a fan, lay it across the rim and put the lid on. This will also act like a wick and will draw any moisture out of the oven.
This is necessary because without a good air supply, the oil that you used to season it may turn rancid. If your pot goes rancid, you mustn’t cook in it and will have to clean it and re-season it.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!