Which ever way you decide to spell it, this is one tasty and ever so simple meal and one that I love. Larb is a traditional dish from Laos but is also very popular in Thailand.
My brothers girlfriend just happens to be Thai and on a recent visit she made up a batch of larb. It was the first time I tried it and I was hooked. Since then the cook in the house has made this up at least 4 times. I honestly could have this every night it is that good.
Essentially it is a mix of ground meat (chicken, beef or pork) with chilli, lime juice, mint and fish sauce. There are most likely variations on this recipe but this is how we make it.
Just be aware that this dish contains chilli so may be a little ‘hot’ for some. Just adjust to taste.
500g ground chicken, beef or pork
4 shallots or onion (diced)
1tbl Thai ground chilli (adjust to taste)
3tbl lime juice
2tbl fish sauce
1/4 cup mint (or coriander) leaves
1. Cook enough rice for 4 people.
2. Fry mince and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice on medium heat until just cooked. Remove from heat.
3. Saute the chilli and shallots.
4. Add the mince, lime juice and fish sauce.
5. Serve topped with mint or coriander.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!