We have extolled the virtues of the Le Creuset Dutch Oven in the past. The cast iron construction is superior to other cookware because it absorbs and retains heat more efficiently as your pot roast, chicken and vegetables slowly braise and stew in the oven. Braise, stew, brown…do it all in this all-purpose pot. It’s perfect, and its heat retention is amazing. The oven also cleans up really well.
The artisans at Le Creuset have been making richly enameled cast iron cookware in the French village of Fresnoy-le-Grand since 1925. Each piece from their line is individually created, coated, fired and inspected in order to bring you the finest quality cookware-to-tableware available.
The 6.75-qt. oval Dutch oven is fitted with two loop handles and comes with a domed lid to seal in the juices while your dish cooks. Oven-safe to 450 degrees.
The Dutch oven has one drawback in that it is heavy.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!