The cooler months are almost upon us so it’s time to get into those hearty stews, casseroles and soups again. I love winter for this reason and although I have the odd stew or soup during the warmer months there is nothing like a hot soup or stew on a cold winters evening.
This is why I love slow cookers as I can make these types of meals without the hassle of conventional cookware. They make it all so easy and they work especially well if you work all day and don’t want to have to come home to slave over a hot stove when you would rather be relaxing after a busy day.
The Kitchenaid 7 Quart Slow Cooker stainless steel model is a little beauty. With a stainless steel outer casing and 7 quart inner ceramic pot it does a beautiful job of cooking meals.
What We Like
- The 10 hour programmable timer – just set it in the morning and come home to a meal ready to go.
- This slow cooker has five cooking options – auto, high, low/simmer, buffet and keep warm – a lot of slow cookers don’t have this many options.
- The interior of the cooker has quart markings so you can easily add quantities -very nice!
- The lid has a silicone seal to prevent steam from escaping. This is particularly important with a slow cooker as without it foods will just dry up.
- It has stay cool handles.
- The glass lid allows you to take a look at your foods while cooking. Without this there is the tendency to lift the lid and look at how the meal is progressing. This allows for the precious steam to escape causing foods to dry much quicker.
- This slow cooker actually monitors the temperature of the foods. If the temperature is too low for instance, the LCD displays are warning.
What We Don’t Like
- This is a heavy piece of equipment and a little on the large size. You will need some spare counter space for this one or have some extra room in a kitchen cupboard.
- The body of this slow cooker can get hot.
Kitchenaid are a good quality brand and this is reflected in this product. This is a great slow cooker for a family – it’s probably just a little too big for a single person or a couple. The temperature control and programmable options make this a neat unit and one we recommend.
Where Can You Get The Best Price
We found the best price for this at Cooking.com who were at least $20 cheaper than most other merchants AND they include FREE SHIPPING!
>>Click here to view this product at Cooking.com
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!