The best feature of the Cuisinart griddle is the reversible plates. On one side is a flat plate and on the other the grill. So you can have a full grill if you like or full griddle or half and half. It also has separate temperature controls so you can keep the two plates at different temperatures or keep one completely off if you don’t need to use both plates.
I noticed that most review sites on the net indicate that the griddle parts should be hand washed. However, when reading the instruction booklet that comes with this griddler, it indicates that the plates, drip tray and scraping tool are dishwasher safe. If purchasing you might want to take this into consideration and read the instruction book to ensure that it is in fact dishwasher safe before you pop it in to wash. My preference for anything non-stick is to hand wash as it definitely prolongs the life of the product.
What We Like
- The plates are reversible so you can grill on one side and griddle on the other
- The plates are removable and dishwasher safe so clean up is a breeze.
- The drip tray collects grease and can also be removed. It is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a scraping tool which is also dishwasher safe.
- The griddler won’t work unless everything is locked properly into place – this is a nice safety feature.
- You can really cook anything on this – at least anything that you would use on a regular stove top.
What We Don’t Like
- This can take up a bit of room so you will need a bit of counter space.
Want to Read More Reviews?