The Zyliss Jumbo Aluminum Garlic Press has been recommended by some notable names in the business including Cooks Illustrated, Sam the Cooking Guy and America’s Test Kitchen.
Reviews on the internet have been excellent with mostly five star ratings although I have noticed a few people complain about the non-stick coating coming off. These seem to be in contrast to the rest of the reviewers so I wonder whether they have received defective products to begin with.
There have also been a couple of complaints about the difficulty in squeezing the garlic press but on the other hand a good majority of reviewers were pleased at how little effort is required to squeeze the press.
The more cloves you have in this press then the more effort will be required. It will also work better when the garlic is fresh and juicy than when it is getting a bit old and dry.
What We Like
- The garlic press comes with a cleaner which helps to get the garlic out of the holes.
- The cleaner stores neatly into the press so you won’t lose it.
- This is dishwasher safe.
- It’s covered by a 5 year warranty.
- It presses up to 3 regular sized garlic cloves and they don’t need to be peeled.
- Good value for money.
What We Don’t Like
- It may be a little difficult to use for people with arthritis or weak muscles.
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can find more consumer reviews at Cooking.com
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!