The English love their tea and they know how to make a tea kettle. Simplex tea kettles have been handcrafted in the UK since 1903 so this is a company that knows their stuff. You’ve got to be manufacturing quality products in order to last that long.
This Simplex tea kettle is known as the No.4 Simplex Chrome Kettle and is specifically built for gas ranges only. You can also purchase a flat based model which will work on both gas and electric stove tops but the advantage of this purely gas model is that it heats up to 25% faster.
This is a solid copper kettle with an outer chrome coating and an inner nickel plate coating. This tea kettle also comes in a copper version but when you consider how much work it takes to clean a piece of copper cookware then the chrome definitely has its benefits.
What We Like
- It has a wooden handle so it stays cool to the touch.
- It has elegant classic look that is very appealing. You can really see the quality in this product.
- It has a whistle to let you know when the water is boiling.
- This kettle has a 1.8qt capacity.
Other Things to Consider:
- The Simplex Heritage Gas Tea Kettle, as its name suggests, is only for use on gas stove tops.
- The price is a bit high for a tea kettle but I guess you are paying for the craftsmanship and the quality of this product. This should last you a lifetime.
- This is not dishwasher safe.
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can read more reviews for this product at Amazon
Want to Learn More About Simplex Tea Kettles?
You can read more about the Simplex company at www.simplexkettles.co.uk
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!