The Jaccard Meat Tenderizer actually does make meats more tender allowing for even some of the worst cuts of meats to be used. This amazing device has been featured on the Emeril tv show and the reviews on the net for this product have been outstanding with most giving this product 5 stars.
The Jaccard Meat Tenderizer was actually invented by a Swiss butcher by the name of Andre Jaccard over 40 years ago. It was initially marketed to commercial businesses but consumer demand was high so in the 70′s it was manufactured in a smaller version for household use.
This meat tenderizer is strong and durable, has a good handle for a comfortable grip and includes a protective cover for storage.
The blades work by actually cutting the meat rather than just pressing down on it. You only actually see the blades when you press down on the device. This makes the meat more tender, reduces the actual cooking time and also allows for marinades to penetrate much easier.
You have to ensure that you use a wood board when using this meat tenderizer as the blades will damage your kitchen counter otherwise.
The blades are an inch or so in length so if you have cuts of meat under the size the blades will go right through the meat. Any thicker and you just need to turn your cut of meat over and do the other side.
For really tough cuts of meat you might need to do 2 or 3 passes with the tenderizer. With less tough meat you won’t need to go to this extreme.
What We Like
- This device is dishwasher safe.
- It actually works.
- It’s strong and durable.
- It’s reasonably priced for a product that actually does the job.
What We Don’t Like
- Can be a bit fiddly to clean if doing so by hand.
Want to Read More Reviews?
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!