If you are seriously into canning your own homemade foods then a pressure canner is really the only safe way to go. Basically using one of these helps you avoid food poisoning. This is particularly so for low acid foods like meats and most vegetables where higher temperatures are required to kill harmful bacteria. These temperatures wouldn’t be possible by simply immersing jars in boiling water.
The Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canneris a heavy duty canner with an impressive 23qt capacity. It holds up to 24 half pint, 20 pint or 7 quart canning jars.
What We Like
- It includes a canning rack to keep jars from touching the bottom of the pot and allows liquids to circulate underneath them.
- You are not limited to using this simply as a canner. This also serves as a pressure cooker. And It comes with a handy 50 recipe booklet.
Some Things to Consider:
- You can’t immerse the lid in water.
- This is a heavy pot and with the addition of several cans becomes even heavier. You’ll need good muscles for this one.
- It’s quite big so will take up a bit of space when storing.
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can read more reviews for the Presto 23qt Pressure Cooker/Canner at Amazon
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!