This set of Mexican Cooking Utensils – La Cocinera has everything they or you need to get you started.
The molcajete is used to grind up the chilis and make your own masa.
The tortillero or tortilla press is used to flatten the masa and to make the tortillas.
The large comal is the cast iron plate or griddle that is used to cook the tortillas and to blister chillies.
Team this with a Norco Tortilla warmer to keep your tortillas warm until you are ready to serve them.
Add t0 this ‘The Best of Mexico’ cookbook and you will be well on your way to becoming an expert in Mexican cooking.
Mexican food is full of diversity and creativity that stems from its history from ancient Indian civilizations, to the Spanish Conquistadores of the sixteenth century, and add to that the influence of European tastes.
In The Best of Mexico, food editor Evie Righter has chosen the finest examples of culinary creativity from this intriguing and vibrant country.
The ingredients and techniques are clearly written and the dishes are accompanied by beautiful color photographs both of the dishes and Mexico.
This book has received mostly positive reviews which can be read at Amazon.com
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!