If there is one item that every cook needs it’s a good quality open skillet. And quality is just what you get with the Anolon Advanced 12-Inch Open French Skillet.
This skillet is extremely versatile and allows you to cook a lot of food without overcrowding the pan.
Not only is this 12-inch skillet stylish in appearance, but Anolon have included those touches of functionality that make using this skillet a joy.
In addition to being large enough to heat a full meal, it also has carefully sloped sides and a flared rim that allows you to pour from the skillet without any spills or drops.
But this skillet really comes into it’s own when it comes to cooking because under the non stick surface is heavy gauge, hard anodized aluminum for even heating and the bottom of the pan is uncoated which means it will heat up quickly and evenly and you won’t experience any hot spots.
While many cooks worry about the durability of aluminum, the Dupont Autograph 2 is anodized aluminum, which is a very heavy and hardy metal that will hold up to intense use in the kitchen.
Once your meal has cooked and it’s time to clean up, it stands to reason that you expect the non-stick coating to make the inside easy to clean. But in this case, that same coating has been applied so that it covers the pan around the outside, so any food debris that may have fallen over the edge, and cooked to the outside, is just as easy to clean away.
What we like:
- Because of the aluminum construction of the skillet, it heats quickly and evenly
- With tephlon coating inside and out, this is an easy to clean pan, even if you dribble a little food on the outside.
- Silicon coated handles keep them cool even when the pan is piping hot.
- The size and shape of the edges make it easy to flip anything from pancakes to veggies with just a flick of the wrist.
- Large silicon handles make this pan easy and comfortable to hold, even if you usually have pain when gripping things.
What we don’t like:
- It’s not dishwasher safe. You have to hand-wash the pan to clean it. But this really isn’t an issue as the non-stick coating makes the Anolon Advanced 12-Inch Open French Skillet quick and easy to clean.
This skillet will make a welcome addition to your cookware set and it is a pan that you will get a lot of use from.
Click on the link to read our full review on the Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized Non- Stick 12 pc Cookware Set
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!