If you have taken a look at the Rachael Ray from Furi TECH EDGE Pro OZITECH Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener and Honer, you know it looks a lot like something that may have come out of a Sci-Fi movie. Maybe it is, but the important thing is that it does the job it was sent here to do – sharpening knives.
This very compact knife sharpener (1 x 3 ½ x 4 ½ inches) packs a lot of power in its small size. Closed it looks a lot like a clamshell. But as soon as you open it, those clam edges transform into a handle so you can hold the sharpener securely as you pull a knife across the diamond-coated fingers.
In addition to being compact, it is also portable, taking no batteries or electricity so it’s also useful for those who live on the road or like to spend the weekends in the great outdoors.
What We Like
- This sharpener offers beautifully even sharpening as you pull the blade through.
- Unlike many knife sharpeners these days, this one is not electric, so it is portable and can be used in the kitchen as well as at the campsite if you like the outdoors.
- It is very simple to use, put the knife in and pull.
- It sharpens quickly. Generally three to five pulls along the sharpener will give you a blade that is ready to use again.
- The size is a major bonus. It is small and therefore doesn’t take up much space in your kitchen gadget drawer.
What We Don’t Like
- It takes a little practice to get it right. You have to push down with the knife and pull at the correct angle to get a perfect sharpening. There is a slight learners curve to do it correctly.
- It cannot be used on serrated knives.