This is one of those tools that we couldn’t find anything bad to say about. A pastry scraper is something that all kitchens should have in them, but the Oxo Good Grips Pastry Scraper has been created with more than just a little pastry work in mind.
This pastry scraper has a strong and sharp stainless steel blade that will sink through pastry dough without a second thought and can also be used for chopping up, or crushing, the other ingredients you need to add to your mixture. In many ways this can be one tool that helps prepare many aspects of a baking recipe.
The handle of this pastry scraper is also something a serious baker will appreciate. When you’re cooking it’s easy to lose your grip on kitchen tools and make a mess of the ingredients you are working with.
The Oxo Good Grips Pastry Scraper comes with a non-slip rubber handle to make this less likely. The handle is also wider than most, making it more comfortable to keep a tight grip on for extended baking projects or those who have a tough time with gripping handles.
What we like:
- It has etched measurements along the blade so they don’t rub or wash off over time.
- The sturdy handle will hold up to cutting thicker and harder things. It is also great to use for cleaning up and scraping the board clean.
- At under $10, it’s an inexpensive and functional tool that will be able to serve a number of purposes in the kitchen. You’ll likely wonder how you did without it.
- With an ergonomic handle design it is comfortable to use even for hands with arthritis or those that spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- It’s dishwasher safe, making cleanup easier.