If rice is a staple portion of your family meals or you love steamed veggies and healthier eating alternatives, the Black & Decker Divided Food Steamer may be just what your kitchen needs.
Unlike regular rice cookers and steamers, the Black and Decker Divided Food Steamer offers more than just one compartment for cooking. This steamer comes with a divider so you can have two things steaming at the same time without the ingredients or flavors running together.
Additionally, when you do want to cook rice, it has a 4-quart steaming bowl that can then do double duty as a serving bowl as well to get the rice on the table.
Many people turn to steamers because they are trying to eat a little healthier. Unlike traditional cooking that relies on the use of butter, oil and other fatty substances, using a steamer does not require any such additives to the food being prepared, making each meal healthier.
If space is at a premium in your kitchen, never fear, at 11 x 10 x 9 ½ inches this steamer can cook a lot of food in a little space.
What We Like:
- Since it’s divided, you can cook more than one meal component at the same time.
- It allows a healthier alternative to cooking meals since you don’t need oil or butter.
- The steaming bowl doubles as a serving bowl, making for fewer things to clean after cooking.
- It’s a good price for the type of product it is.
- If you forget you started your food, the timer will not only let you know it’s done, but stop the cooking so nothing gets over cooked.
What We Don’t Like:
- You have to be very careful cleaning and drying it to avoid rust.
- There are a lot of pieces to clean so cleaning can take a while
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can read more reviews for the Black and Decker Food Steamer at Amazon
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!