If you want to have oven-fresh food in a flash, you don’t have the time to turn on your regular oven and wait for it to warm up to cook the food you want done. Instead, maybe you should look into the Breville BOV800XL The Smart Oven.
At first glance, you may think this is just a toaster oven. It’s not. Instead the Breville BOV800XL The Smart Oven is like a miniature oven that can do everything your regular oven can do (and then some) in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost.
The unit heats up quickly to get you cooking right away and has a number of temperature settings as well as a timer to make sure you get it right the first time. If you are serving up a number of cooked creations you also don’t have to worry about one getting cold while you are waiting on the rest as this has a warming area on the top of the oven to keep those first done dishes hot until it’s time to serve them.
What We Like:
- It’s bigger than average toaster ovens and can handle a little more food (up to 6 pieces of toast at once)
- It is easy to set up and use when you get it.
- You can keep foods you have already cooked warm by putting them on the top of the oven where it has a warming area.
- This is a great cooking alternative to a conventional oven in a small kitchen.
- It uses less electricity for smaller items to cook than heating up the conventional oven.
What We Don’t Like:
- You are not supposed to use foil or oven-safe glass in this unit, which can lead to more clean up.
- Since it’s an 1800-watt device if you have other appliances that are being used at the same time, on the same circuit, it may overload.
- It gets very hot to the touch.
- It is a bit pricey, much more than a toaster oven.
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can read more reviews for the Breville BOV800XL The Smart Oven at Amazon