1. The two piece set which consists of :
- 1 x Quart and
- 1 x 1½ Quart Oval Baker Stoneware Set (One Small Baker and One Medium Baker)
2. A Single Piece :
- 3 Quart Large Oval Stoneware Baker (Large Baker)
The Bubble and Brown Bakers Measurements:
- Small Baker with 1-qt. capacity, measures 11.5 x 7 x 4.5-inches. ·
- Medium Baker with 1.5-qt. capacity, measures 14 x 9.75 x 4.5-inches.
- Large Baker with 3-qt. capacity, measures 16.5 x 11.75 x 4.5-inches.
I just love these wonderful stoneware bakers from Rachael Ray. For a start, they go straight from the oven (up to 500 degrees) to table and look so pretty. They’re also safe in the freezer so (if you could live without them for a while) you could prepare a meal, freeze it, then (make sure it comes up to room temperature to avoid cracking the baker) put it into the oven and then take it straight to the table. What a timesaver! And only one dish to clean! They’re also safe in the dishwasher!
The design is so original and ingenious. The wide top and shallow sides mean that there is maximum surface area for bubbling and browning…hence the name. You get an extra crunchy topping!
The oval shape cooks better than a rectangular dish so with dishes like lasagna, you don’t get those dried out or overcooked corners.
The glazed surface is non-porous so you can cook anything in it without food interacting and unlike some cookware, strong tastes and smells don’t linger even after washing.
The handles are part of the dish and come up high but the best part is the large holes which make it easy to take the dish out of the oven, even when you’re wearing bulky oven mitts.
Storage is fantastic as the bakers nest inside each other. Do be careful when you pick up a stack of them though, especially if you have the largest one too, as they are quality products and quite heavy!
The sizes are good, so you could have an entire dish in either of the large ones, like mac and cheese, lasagna, a casserole, fried chicken, pasta or chili. Or you could have meat or a whole chicken in one and vegetables in the other. Or, you can use them just to use as tableware to serve bread rolls, fresh fruit, salads, dips and crudités…the only limit is your imagination.
As you would expect with a Rachael Ray product, they are very colorful. All of the bakers are available in daffodil yellow, lime green, cobalt blue or her trademark orange.
Two slight, minor grumbles…it would be great to be able to purchase them separately so that you could have one in each color. Also, a 2 quart one would be very useful as lots of recipes use a dish of that size. Maybe I should email Rachael…
Otherwise, these are really fabulous dishes that you’ll wonder how you lived without.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!