When it comes to cookware there are plenty of options – metal, Teflon, plastic, wood, and of course silicone. Silicone is rapidly rising in popularity for a variety of reasons.
So why choose silicone cookware?
- Silicone is a soft material, which means it won’t scratch any of your non-stick pots and pans.
- Cleaning: Silicone rinses off easily. It doesn’t hold a smell like wood, or stain like plastic. No more garlic scented spatulas or chili stained ladles.
- Temperature: Silicone will work in any temperature range you have in your home. You don’t have to worry about your ladle melting as you stir up a pot of stew.
- Heat: Silicone is non conductive and won’t hold heat. No more burning your hand if you have to stir something for any length of time.
- Non-toxic: Silicone is a naturally occurring mineral, unlike plastic. It’s safer for you and your family.
- Naturally non-stick: A silicone cooking dish let’s you pop out baked goods without leaving half of it stuck to the pan. Not only is clean up easier but you can cook more healthfully since you no longer need to grease the bottom of the pan.
- Durability: With proper care silicone cookware will last for ages. It’s not going to fray at the edges like plastic.
- Flexible: silicone bends quite easily. This lets you scoop out any food stuck in the corners of your dishes.
- Recyclable: While silicone isn’t biodegradable like wood it is easily recycled, saving trees and energy.
- Style: you can find silicone cookware in any color you need to match your kitchen décor.
There really isn’t any good reason not to use silicone cookware. It’s easy to clean, resists high temperature, cleans easily, and is environmentally friendly. You can find silicone cookware for any culinary need from spatulas to oven mitts.
You can find a range of Silicone cookware at Amazon.com
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!