Cast iron cookware is natural; you don’t have to worry about any non natural materials entering the body. However, while cast iron is an excellent cooking medium that holds heat, and is versatile it can sometimes add an off taste to acidic foods. There is a way around this problem though and that is to choose enameled cast iron cookware.
Lodge manufacture a wide range of enameled cookware and one example of this is the versatile 11″ skillet.
The Lodge Enamel Coated 11″ Cast-Iron Skillet is the perfect blend of cast iron and enamel. You can move it from the stove top to the oven. It will perfectly cook your food in either environment. In fact you can sear a piece of meat on the stovetop then move it to the oven to finish cooking. Try doing that with a Teflon coated skillet with a plastic handle. You’ll end up with a melted goopy mess.
The Lodge enamel coated cast iron 11” skillet works great on any cook surface, even an induction range. About the only place you won’t want to use it is in the microwave.
What We Like:
- Heavy cast iron construction: This is a skillet that will last a lifetime. It’s heavy but in a good way.
- It distributes heat throughout the cooking surface eliminating hot spots.
- Thick enamel coating: This coating is on both sides of the skillet. It’s just as non stick as a Teflon pan.
- You get great cooking and no chemical residue with enamel coated cast iron.
- Hold Handle: We love having a grip opposite the main handle. It means you can grab both sides of the skillet and have compltete control over pour out fats, gravy etc. It’s little features like this that really enhances the Lodge line of cookware.
There are some things to consider:
Although the enamel is chip resistant, if you drop the pan in the sink or give it a hard knock, chances are the enamel will chip.
This Lodge pan is made in China, and some people tend to think Chinese made goods are inferior, although this is often a perception not necessarily a given.
You can read what others are saying and buy the Lodge Enamel Coated Cast-Iron Skillet from these trusted online merchants.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!