A set of ramekins are a must for any well equipped kitchen. Ramekins can be used as a small bowl for dipping sauces, a bowl for your morning Kashi and of course for cooking up individual servings of custard, flan, and crème brulee. They can even be used as small fruit bowls and for dipping sauce.
I have a set of these ramekins actually I have 8 of them. Along with everything else you can use them for, I find them great for making individual chocolate muffins. A treat I don’t make very often thanks to an ever spreading waistline.
The CorningWare French White 7-Ounce Ramekins are really well made. They are a manufactured stoneware that can hold up to the harshest treatment. You can use them in the freezer, the fridge, the microwave and even in the oven.
CorningWare French White ramekins, are slick and non-porous. You don’t have to worry about food sticking to the sides or staining. Since it’s non porous you don’t have to worry about any strong food odors transferring between dishes.
The ramekins have a classic design with a flared lip and fluting along the outer sides for a traditional classic look. These are a bit larger than standard ramekins but that just makes them that much more functional.
What We Like:
- CorningWare have so much faith in their product that there French White Ramekins come with a ten year warranty. Something not too many other companies have the confidence to do.
- The price point for this set of ramekins is perfect. They are a quality set that can be used in any cooking environment. So the price is very reasonable for what you get. The Corningware set is quite competitively priced compared to some other units we have looked at.
- We really like the 7 ounce size. They are bigger than the traditional four ounce ramekin. This just means that we get bigger crème brulee servings, not exactly a bad thing. The larger size also makes them much more functional than standard four ounce units.
And while you are thinking about creme brulee you might like to consider buying the Bonjour Chef’s Torch.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!