Quite some time ago we embarked on the Paleo diet. I have to say that I feel really great since starting this way of eating which is based on the diet of our ancestors from the Paleolithic era.
When we first started I wondered how we would go with sweet treats but I have been pleasantly surprised at the wide range of tasty treat recipes that are available.
I have been busy over the time making almond chocolate which I love and have just had a go at making ‘Blondies”. this recipe has been adapted from the Paleo Meal Plan Recipe Book. I say adapted because we had to substitute some of the ingredients.
- 1 16oz jar almond butter – we used peanut butter
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ maple syrup – here we had to cheat as I only had about ¼ cup so we topped it up with golden syrup.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter with honey, maple syrup and eggs. Mix well
- Mix in salt and baking soda, followed by ½ cup of the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×13 baking dish and spread the batter oout evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for 35 minutes.
These are very tasty and an ideal healthy treat for adults and kids alike.
MOST POPULAR REVIEWS
- Stainless Steel Cookware – Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12pc Cookware Set Review
- Pressure Canners – All American Pressure Canner Review
- Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review – The Best Stand Mixer
- All Clad 9pc Cookware Set Review – The Best All Clad Cookware Set
- Anolon Cookware – The Best Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Rachel Ray Cookware – The Best Value for Money Non-Stick Set
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!