Sunday, February 1st, 2009 at
Fat Daddio’s has a range of excellent bakeware that is suitable for all your baking needs.
Looking for a novel way to serve up your Angel Food Cake, then why not make it in a square cake pan rather than a round cake pan.
Fat Daddio’s Square Angel Food Cake Pan is made from premium hardened 14 gauge aluminum alloy which is anodized so you know you are getting a quality, durable product.
The 1-piece tube pan is ideal for baking up your favorite angel food cake, pound cake, struesel cake, bread, and even frozen desserts.
The walls have a uniform thickness which makes sure the cakes have an even rise and eliminates hot or cold spots that can affect your cakes.
Anodized aluminum won’t discolour and it gives you excellent cake release and easy clean up.
There is a ¼” round rim around the top of the pan that makes it easy to lift and move the pan without disturbing the contents..
Where Can I Buy Fat Daddio’s Square Anodized Aluminum Angel Food Cake Pan?
Friday, January 30th, 2009 at
Now this is what I call innovation.
Anyone who loves to bake will find the Slice Solutions 9-Inch Round Sectional Cake Pan Set to be an absolute boon.
We all know how frustrating it can be to remove cake slices from the baking pan. One or two slices invariable get crushed and mutilated.
Well Slice Solutions have developed a pan that has a removable bottom and solves this problem.
Once your cake is cooked and has cooled, you remove the divider and you are left with 8 pre-sliced, perfectly proportioned cake slices.
After you have removed the divider you center the baking pan on the wire lifting rack, which is included. Now the removable bottom part of the pan sits on the rack and the outer pan drops away so that you can easily remove the cake slices without causing any damage to the cake.
You can also use the divider as a cutter after the cake has baked and cooked.
So now you can create perfect cakes and serving sizes every time using this 4-piece round sectional baking cake pan from Slice Solutions:
The set includes:
- 9-inch round cake pan with a removable bottom, divider, and rack
How it works:
- Simply pour your batter into pan
- Place divider in before baking
- Remove the divider once the cake has cooked and cooled.
- The rack helps with the cooling and cake removal
- The pan can be used without the divider
- The divider creates 8 perfectly-sliced pieces
You can use the Slice Solutions 9-Inch Round Sectional Cake Pan Set to get perfect pieces when baking cakes, cornbread, quick breads, and so much more.
Where Can I Buy the Handy Slice Solutions 9-Inch Round Sectional Cake Pan Set?
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 at
This is one of those tools that we couldn’t find anything bad to say about. A pastry scraper is something that all kitchens should have in them, but the Oxo Good Grips Pastry Scraper has been created with more than just a little pastry work in mind.
This pastry scraper has a strong and sharp stainless steel blade that will sink through pastry dough without a second thought and can also be used for chopping up, or crushing, the other ingredients you need to add to your mixture. In many ways this can be one tool that helps prepare many aspects of a baking recipe.
The handle of this pastry scraper is also something a serious baker will appreciate. When you’re cooking it’s easy to lose your grip on kitchen tools and make a mess of the ingredients you are working with.
The Oxo Good Grips Pastry Scraper comes with a non-slip rubber handle to make this less likely. The handle is also wider than most, making it more comfortable to keep a tight grip on for extended baking projects or those who have a tough time with gripping handles.
What we like:
- It has etched measurements along the blade so they don’t rub or wash off over time.
- The sturdy handle will hold up to cutting thicker and harder things. It is also great to use for cleaning up and scraping the board clean.
- At under $10, it’s an inexpensive and functional tool that will be able to serve a number of purposes in the kitchen. You’ll likely wonder how you did without it.
- With an ergonomic handle design it is comfortable to use even for hands with arthritis or those that spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- It’s dishwasher safe, making cleanup easier.
This Sounds Like a Baking Aid I Could Definitely Use.
Where Can I Buy Oxo Good Grips Pastry Scraper?
Monday, January 19th, 2009 at
Making donuts at home used to be a difficult and messy job, but a lot of the work and mess has been taken out of the process with the Norpro Nonstick Mini Donut Pan.
Imagine having hot, fresh donuts in the morning. You can. This 9-inch diameter pan is 1 inch deep and is constructed of strong tin. It makes 12 mini donuts in minutes. All you do is mix up the batter, pour it in the pan and pop them in the oven.
This new cooking technique takes all the oil-popping mess out of donut making. Also, by removing the oil from the process, it makes these treats healthier.
While donuts may be enough reason to make a purchase, there are also instructions on how to create tarts and other tasty treats. You can even make artistic pieces of pastry, remove the detachable bottom and pop them out without losing any of that beauty.
What we like:
- That since these bake and don’t take oil, you can make donut treats that are tasty while still being healthy
- The pan is easy to clean. It’s nonstick surface lets the donuts pop right out. Even batter that spills on the surface wipes right off.
What we don’t like:
- The pour holes for the batter are a little hard to use. You have to be very good at pouring or you are libel to make a mess. If you have a pastry bag, you may want to use it to make the process easier.
- There just aren’t enough mini-donuts coming out of this pan. You will want more and end up spending a lot of time cooking at only 12 mini donuts per round. If would be best if you had more than one pan to speed up the process.
Where Can I Buy the Norpro Mini Donut Pan?