Do you like camping as much as you like being in the house? Perhaps you want the secret to how restaurant pancakes taste so great. The Lodge Round Griddle is what you need.
Made of cast-iron, the Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned 10-1/2-Inch Round Griddle is a great piece that will hold up inside, outside and more for generations, not just years.
This is the type of griddle your grandmother cooked on and likely her grandmother before her. Cast-iron is a tried and true cooking surface and will last for decades or longer if you take care it.
It is important to understand how cast iron works before you start cooking with it. Before cast iron is cooked with it has to be seasoned. This pan has been seasoned in advance of your purchase with vegetable oil. Periodically it may need to be re-seasoned with more vegetable oil to keep it cooking properly.
When it comes to cleaning you should only rinse the Lodge Logic griddle clean with hot water. Soap will remove the oil it has been seasoned with. If there are particles of food that you cannot get off you can scrub the surface with steel. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before you put it away as it can rust if you don’t.
What We Like:
- This is a good piece that will be with you for generations to come.
- The griddle cooks evenly.
- This is a heavy-duty piece that will do just what it’s supposed to.
- It can be used inside the oven, on the stovetop or on an open fire.
- The flat edge makes this a great choice for cooking things that need to be flipped like eggs and pancakes.
Other Things to Consider:
- It has to be hand washed and periodically re-seasoned to keep cooking effectively.