If you are a fan of the Paula Deen cooking shows, her restaurant or even her shop, you now can have a little piece of Paula in your kitchen. The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook by Paula Deen
is 192 pages of not only recipes, but also a taste of Paula.
Throughout the book are a number of the stories behind the recipes you are going to cook and personal commentary from Paula, herself.
This book is a little different than what you may expect from many cookbooks with recipes that are detailed and difficult as well as those fun items that Paula likes that are nothing more than a couple of store-bought, prepared ingredients mixed together in a bowl.
From Appetizers to dessert, there is a little of everything in these pages.
These recipes are not for anyone watching their cholesterol, it’s all good ol’ Southern comfort food.
What We Like:
- It was a fun read as it is more than just a cookbook, but also had stories and insight.
- We liked the stories behind the recipes. It gave that extra personal touch that makes you understand where these things came from.
- The writing was in true Paula Deen style and you could almost hear her speaking from the pages.
- If you want real southern cooking, this is the place to find it, as there are no cut corners on these ingredients.
- If you have ever been to her restaurant, this will let you make many of the same recipes in your home.
What We Don’t Like:
- If you like to have a healthy option in a meal, there are none offered in this book. She’s a fan of cream and butter over everything else.
- Not enough pictures to get an idea of what you’re cooking. So if you are a visual person, this could be an issue. I like pictures in my cookbooks.
- Some of the recipes left a lot to be desired in the area of flavor.
The majority of consumers who purchased The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook by Paula Deen give it two thumbs up.