The Mario Batali 4qt Dutch Oven takes the secrets of cooking from generations ago and makes them modern.
This Dutch oven begins with cast iron construction at its core, which will create a fast and stable heating environment for anything you put inside of it. Making it easier to clean and use on any stovetop is the porcelain enamel finish on both the inside and the outside. Not only is the finish more stovetop friendly, but it also makes clean up a lot easier as porcelain is much more simple to clean than cast iron.
If you are looking for durability and a heavy-duty pot, you will not find one that fits the bill more than this. Weighing in at 16.5 lbs, this 4-quart pot has the weight to back up its boasts.
Another benefit of the construction style of this Dutch oven is that once you are done cooking, you can move this pot right to the tabletop. Simply set a trivet down and the outer porcelain enamel will be an attractive addition to your table while the cast iron core will keep the food inside nice and warm.
Additionally, this is a self-basting oven pot. Because of the construction of the lid, whatever you put in the Dutch oven, and then into your oven, will stay nice and moist. The lid is lined with self-basting spikes, which continue to drip liquid back onto the food, keeping it moist and fresh.
The Mario Batali 4qt Dutch Oven is available in 4 gorgeous colors, persimmon, Chianti, espresso and Pesto.
What We Like:
- This pot heats evenly and quickly.
- It can be used on all styles of stovetops.
- It can be used in the oven as well as on the stovetop.
- The 4 quart size is one that will get a lot of use.
Other Things to Consider:
- This is quite a heavy piece, especially when full. The weight can be tough on those who are not used to lifting heavy things or have arthritis or other problems with their wrists or hands.