Tonight the cook in the house made Chicken and Corn Crepes. I have to say that this was well worth making. The mix of corn, chicken and white sauce in a soft fluffy crepe was just delicious.
This recipe came from The Good Taste Collection and is one of the simplest recipes in the book. Preparation time is around 5-10 minutes and cooking time is about 10 minutes.
What makes it so easy is that you don’t actually have to prepare the crepes. You can buy them frozen which is what we did. But by all means, if you feel the need to make your own crepes then go right ahead.
This is one very easy and very tasty recipe.
Chicken and Corn Crepes
2tbs plain flour
1 1/3 cups milk, warmed
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to season
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
420g can corn kernels, drained
2tbs chopped chives
8 frozen crepes
1. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat until foaming.
2. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles.
3. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until combined.
4. Stir for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil.
5. Simmer for 1 minute.
6. Stir in the cheddar and season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the chicken, corn and chives and stir. Remove from heat but keep warm.
8. Warm the crepes in microwave or as per packet directions.
9. Divide the chicken mixture amongst the crepes and roll up.