Lodge have been making cast iron cookware in Tennessee for well over 100 years so they know a thing or two about it. Even so, this Lodge Enameled Cast-Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven is not one they manufacture in the USA. This pot is actually made in China and imported into North America.
Although this may deter some from purchasing this item due to ethical reasons it shouldn’t deter those whose only objection is quality. This dutch oven is extremely well made and has received good reviews from both Good Housekeeping and Fine Cooking magazines. It has also been rated extremely well by consumers on Amazon with just about all giving this dutch oven a 4 or 5 star rating.
Price wise this is a great value for money dutch oven. Compare it with a Le Creuset equivalent and you are looking at a saving of at least $150.
What We Like
- The enameled surface means that you don’t need to season this like you would with regular bare cast iron.
- Lodge have used two layers of porcelain on this dutch oven making it chip resistant.
- The lid fits tightly to keep in the moisture.
- This is a very versatile pot – use it to marinade foods, sear foods on the stove top, store foods in the fridge or freezer or cook foods in the oven.
- The pot lid is oven safe to 400F.
- This Lodge dutch oven can be used on gas, electric, induction and ceramic stove tops.
- It’s dishwasher safe but hand washing is recommended.
What We Don’t Like
- Being made from cast iron this is one heavy pot.
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can read reviews for the Lodge 6qt Enamel Dutch Oven at Amazon