Monday, April 27th, 2009 at
Do you like camping as much as you like being in the house? Perhaps you want the secret to how restaurant pancakes taste so great. The Lodge Round Griddle is what you need.
Made of cast-iron, the Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned 10-1/2-Inch Round Griddle is a great piece that will hold up inside, outside and more for generations, not just years.
This is the type of griddle your grandmother cooked on and likely her grandmother before her. Cast-iron is a tried and true cooking surface and will last for decades or longer if you take care it.
It is important to understand how cast iron works before you start cooking with it. Before cast iron is cooked with it has to be seasoned. This pan has been seasoned in advance of your purchase with vegetable oil. Periodically it may need to be re-seasoned with more vegetable oil to keep it cooking properly.
When it comes to cleaning you should only rinse the Lodge Logic griddle clean with hot water. Soap will remove the oil it has been seasoned with. If there are particles of food that you cannot get off you can scrub the surface with steel. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before you put it away as it can rust if you don’t.
What We Like:
- This is a good piece that will be with you for generations to come.
- The griddle cooks evenly.
- This is a heavy-duty piece that will do just what it’s supposed to.
- It can be used inside the oven, on the stovetop or on an open fire.
- The flat edge makes this a great choice for cooking things that need to be flipped like eggs and pancakes.
Other Things to Consider:
- It has to be hand washed and periodically re-seasoned to keep cooking effectively.
CLICK HERE to buy the Lodge Logic pre seasoned round griddle
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 at
If you like to bake but hate the mess and problems that often come with the baking process, you may want to add the Matfer Exopat Baking Mat to your cooking arsenal.
This nonstick baking mat is the perfect way to take the stress out of your baking projects.
What is the biggest complaint when baking?
The cookies or candy sticking to the pan and then becoming a mess as you try to remove them, right? Well this mat will stop that from happening. Instead of having to scrape and make a mess of those perfectly shaped cookies, your baked creations will slide right off of the mat, give it a shake and it will be ready to be used again for the next batch of treats. Do not use water, and store it flat or slightly rolled.
This is even better than the old parchment paper cure. With parchment paper you have to cut it to fit and it always seems the roll runs out right in the middle of baking and you have to improvise.
The size of this mat also is great as at 11-5/8″ x-16-3/8″ it is large enough to keep you baking at full potential. If you are a serial baker you may want to get two of them so you always have one ready to go for the next batch of cookies.
The Matfer Exopat nonstick mat is freezer safe and can withstand oven temperatures up to 580 degrees.
Use it over and over – it’s guaranteed to last up to 3,000 bakings.
What We Like:
- It gets rid of the waste and expense of having to use a lot of parchment paper.
- It’s big enough to make a lot of cookies at a time.
- It lets you have perfect cookies every time because they don’t stick.
- Easy to clean just rinse and it’s ready for the next baking project.
- Putting it away is easy as it rolls up and can tuck nearly anywhere.
Other things to consider:
- It’s not dishwasher safe, but it is quick and easy to wash up by hand.
CLICK HERE to buy the Matfer Exopat Nonstick Baking Mat and enhance your baking experience.
Read what others have to say at Cooking.com and Amazon.com
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 at
If you really want all-purpose cooking items for your kitchen and you are as much an outdoorsy person as you are one who loves to cook in the house, you may want to consider the Heuck Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron 3-Piece Skillet Set.
If you know anything about outdoor cooking, you know that cast-iron is essential for cooking over an open flame. But at the same time this 3-piece skillet set can also go from the open flame to your stove top or oven without a second thought and will cook all of the food items you put in them evenly. They really are all purpose pans.
Included in this set are:
1 x 6-½ inch skillet
1 x 8-inch skillet
x 1 10-inch skillet
Each of these skillets has been pre-seasoned which means they are ready to cook with, although a bit of extra seasoning helps to build the non stick properties.
If you have never used cast-iron pots or pans before you should be ready for a work out. Cast iron is very heavy and these pans have a good amount of weight to them when they are empty. It will only become more pronounced when they have food in them.
What We Like:
- It can go from the campfire to the kitchen and back again.
- It heats evenly.
- Cast iron will last for a long time, often for generations.
Other Things to Consider
- If you don’t read the instructions you can ruin them.
- Don’t use soap when cleaning!
- Some reviewers found that the finish that seems to flake off in a short time. The Manufacturer advises that this is normal within 6 to 12 months of use and that the manufacturers instructions need to be followed to ensure the set doesn’t rush.
CLICK HERE to buy
Read what others have to say
Friday, April 24th, 2009 at
If you appreciate a good espresso or a shot of iced vodka, you will appreciate the elegance and fine styling of the Bodum Pavina Double-Wall Thermo Glasses.
This set of two, 2-ounce glasses has been engineered to create the perfect drinking experience for the connoisseur.
Winner of the European iF Design Award, the Bodum Pavina Double-Wall Thermo Glasses are hand blown in two layers of glass. The reason for the two layers is to keep the espresso hot and insulated on the inside (or the vodka cold and insulated on the inside) while not impacting the outer layer of the glass. This means no condensation will form on the outer layer of the glass.
What we Like:
- They are very attractive glasses to have in the collection.
- They are safe to be put in the microwave.
- It is not necessary to use coasters, as there is no condensation and therefore no stain ring on furniture.
- Since they are hand-blown each is a unique piece of art.
Other Things to Consider:
While these seem pretty strong, the glass is thin and it is recommended that you not use spoons or other metal instruments in the glass as they can break or scratch it.
It is recommended that you do not drop ice cubes into the glasses as it may cause the fragile inner layer to crack or break.
While you could put them in the dishwasher, the fragile nature of these glasses makes it a wiser choice to hand wash them to keep them from breaking.
Just take a little care with these glasses, don’t stuff them into a crowded dishwasher for instance.
Remember they while they are made from Borosilicate glass, which despite being thinner than regular glasss ist much more durable, it is still glass and needs to be treated as such.
CLICK HERE to buy the stylish and modern looking Bodum Pavina double wall thermo glasses.
Read what others are saying at Amazon.com
Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 at
It’s getting harder and harder to find quality products that are handcrafted these days. Tree Spirit are the exception.
The Tree Spirit Solid Wood 14.5 in Salad Bowl is handcrafted from one piece of solid wood. This means that although these bowls all have the same shape and dimensions, each is unique because of the piece of wood used.
What We Like
- This will last a lifetime. You will be handing this one down to your children.
- The bowl has a very simple yet elegant look to it.
- It is a 22 cup capacity.
What We Don’t Like
- This isn’t dishwasher safe.
- This is a pricey item but you are looking at an heirloom here.
Want to Read More Reviews?
You can read more reviews for the Tree Spirit Wood Salad Bowl at Cooking.com
WHERE CAN I GET THE BEST PRICE?
We found the best price at Cooking.com