Monday, February 16th, 2009 at
Eastman Slow Cookers in the camo pattern come in two handy sizes, so you can get the size that you will find more useful to your family situation.
The smaller version is The Eastman Outdoors 3.5 quart slow cooker which ideal for smaller families.
And then there is the 7 quart slow cooker which will feed family and friends when you are entertaining.
Both Eastman slow cookers feature the Realtree Camo Pattern which will appeal to the masculine members of the family and may even encourage the hunters in the family to cook the game they bring home.
Slow cooking is an ideal way to cook your favorite wild game and of course any traditional slow cooker recipe that your family likes. I love rabbit done in the slow cooker, simply add onions, carrots,fatty bacon, peas, potatoe chunks, herbs and of course the cleaned rabbit bits and let it slowly cook. Hmmmmm
Both of the Eastman Outdoors Slow cookers have Low, high and keep warm settings.
Slow cooking is pretty much a set and forget way to cook. And you can pop in all the ingredients in the morning and when you get home after a long days hunt or a day at work, your meal will be cooked to perfection and be ready to serve. You can cook up some extra vegetables if you haven’t added them already to the slow cooker or even cook some rice in the microwave to serve with your meal. I find that one cup of rice to 2 cups of water, cooked in the microwave on high for 12 minutes is a quick and easy way to bulk up a meal.
I love my slow cooker, especially in the winter months when all I want to do when I get home is eat something hot and nourishing and then curl up on the couch to read or watch TV.
Are you are ready to buy an Eastman Slow Cooker?
Sunday, October 5th, 2008 at
Now this I really like. A stockpot that is programmable so your meals can be ready when you are.
Having said that however, this may be the only positive as a good number of owners of this Rival crockpot weren’t too happy with the performance of this product.
But let’s take a look in more detail.
What We Like
- This crockpot has a warming function so you can set it so that dinner is ready when you are.
- It has a removable stoneware insert which makes for easy cleaning
- A glass lid so you can easily see how your meal is cooking without having to remove the lid.
- The stoneware crock and lid are dishwasher safe.
- The warming function keeps food warm without overcooking it.
- It looks good and the white color will fit in with any kitchen decor.
What We Don’t Like
- A good majority of reviewers on the net have complained that the exterior of this crockpot gets extremely hot to the touch and that foods are often overcooked and burned. This may just be a matter of reducing the suggested times for meals to avoid overcooking.
This is a reasonably priced unit that has the basic functions necessary in a slow cooker but with the negative reviews I would pay the extra for the Rival 6qt Oval Crock Pot which has received a much better response from reviewers on the net. Or if you are a really serious about your slow cooking then we recommend the All Clad 6.5qt Slow Cooker.
Where Can I Get the Best Price?
We found the best price at Cooking.com
Saturday, October 4th, 2008 at
The cooler months are almost upon us so it’s time to get into those hearty stews, casseroles and soups again. I love winter for this reason and although I have the odd stew or soup during the warmer months there is nothing like a hot soup or stew on a cold winters evening.
This is why I love slow cookers as I can make these types of meals without the hassle of conventional cookware. They make it all so easy and they work especially well if you work all day and don’t want to have to come home to slave over a hot stove when you would rather be relaxing after a busy day.
The Kitchenaid 7 Quart Slow Cooker stainless steel model is a little beauty. With a stainless steel outer casing and 7 quart inner ceramic pot it does a beautiful job of cooking meals.
What We Like
- The 10 hour programmable timer – just set it in the morning and come home to a meal ready to go.
- This slow cooker has five cooking options – auto, high, low/simmer, buffet and keep warm – a lot of slow cookers don’t have this many options.
- The interior of the cooker has quart markings so you can easily add quantities -very nice!
- The lid has a silicone seal to prevent steam from escaping. This is particularly important with a slow cooker as without it foods will just dry up.
- It has stay cool handles.
- The glass lid allows you to take a look at your foods while cooking. Without this there is the tendency to lift the lid and look at how the meal is progressing. This allows for the precious steam to escape causing foods to dry much quicker.
- This slow cooker actually monitors the temperature of the foods. If the temperature is too low for instance, the LCD displays are warning.
What We Don’t Like
- This is a heavy piece of equipment and a little on the large size. You will need some spare counter space for this one or have some extra room in a kitchen cupboard.
- The body of this slow cooker can get hot.
Kitchenaid are a good quality brand and this is reflected in this product. This is a great slow cooker for a family – it’s probably just a little too big for a single person or a couple. The temperature control and programmable options make this a neat unit and one we recommend.
Where Can You Get The Best Price
We found the best price for this at Cooking.com who were at least $20 cheaper than most other merchants AND they include FREE SHIPPING!
>>Click here to view this product at Cooking.com
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008 at
For anyone wanting a slow cooker this is a little beauty. The All Clad 6.5 qt Slow Cooker with it’s stainless steel exterior and black ceramic insert is one good looking piece of cookware. All Clad have kept the signature handles so this piece will blend well with your other All Clad cookware.
The easy to clean black ceramic insert which is elegant enough to bring to the dining table for serving and because it is ceramic clean up is a breeze, and anyone with a dishwasher will also love the fact that it is dishwasher safe.
This new and improved model has a 3 level programmable timer that allows you to set the slow cooking or warming time for up to 26 hours. Much longer than any other crock pot. The easy to read digital panel has 3 heat settings, high – 250° F, low – 205°F and warm – 176°F.
The slow cooker comes complete with a recipe book get you started. So you can look forward to making yummy dishes such as roasts, soups, stews, Beef Stroganoff in fact any of your favourite one pot meals and even desserts such as Peach Melba.
So we think the features of the All Clad Slow Cooker are just what the busy cook needs. Prepare your dinner in the morning, set the timer and when you get home from work there is a meal perfectly cooked, ready to serve.
This is a quality product and gets a definite thumbs up from us.
And where can I buy the wonderful All Clad Slow Cooker from: