Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 at
If you’ve never had tongs in your kitchen, you really don’t know what you’re missing. If you do have them, you realize that there is not a meal that goes by where you don’t think of putting them to work in some way or another.
Whether it’s to move a piece of bread around in a toaster oven, turn meat on the stove or to serve up salad at the family dinner, you need tongs.
It used to be that you needed a variety of tongs to do all of these jobs. You could have an attractive pair for serving salad, then a special pair for the bread items and still another heavy-duty pair to turn the meat. Now you can have just one pair of tongs for all these jobs – the KitchenAid Nylon Tongs .
First, these tongs are very attractive with a sleek design in stylish black nylon. These look just as attractive on the table as they are useful in the kitchen.
Additionally, they can handle hot temperatures, up to 450 degrees; so they will be able to well handle turning things that are cooking in the oven, like Texas toast.
Finally, these tongs are built to be durable.
They are made of heavy-duty nylon so they can even turn those big pieces of meat you are cooking up.
What We Like:
- This is a great set of all-purpose tongs that are good for anything from picking up salad veggies to heavy meats.
- These are made out of a nonstick material so they are easy to clean after use and they are dishwasher safe.
- These tongs are safe to use to move things in the oven as they are rated for 450 degrees.
- These are made with a looped end that makes them easy to hang on any hook in the kitchen.
CLICK HERE to buy a set of KitchenAid nylon tongs and to read what others are saying about them.
Monday, April 13th, 2009 at
Whether you are just a fan of fresh garlic or do a lot of Italian cooking and like to follow those old family recipes, you likely need a lot of minced garlic in your kitchen.
While you can spend a lot of time hand peeling and chopping garlic down into those tiny pieces, who has the time?
If you are already working on great cooking, you don’t have time to deal with that type of detail when there is an easier way to do it.
That is why the KitchenAid Garlic Press was created. The KitchenAid Garlic Press will make quick work of those cloves. You put a few cloves in the catch basin, press the two handles together and watch the perfectly minced garlic come out of the other side of the press.
Once you’re done pressing all the garlic you need, clean up is not that hard.
First, this press is nonstick, which makes it easier to get the garlic off.
Second, this press comes with a brush that will help you get any caught up garlic out of the mechanism to speed up the process.
What We Like:
- The garlic presses through the holes instead of up the sides like you may have had happen in less well-designed models.
- Comes with a brush to clean out the garlic that gets in the way when you are using it.
Other Things To Consider:
- It could have been built to be a bit more durble, some of the plastic parts are liable to break.
CLICK HERE to find a range of Garlic Presses that are excellent value and have received high positive ratings from reviewers.
Monday, April 13th, 2009 at
Not always, but generally it is mom who does the cooking in the family, so why not treat her to a new set of cookware or even an individual piece to add to her cookware collection.
And if you think that cookware is impersonal for a mothers day gift, there is nothing stopping you popping a bottle of mom’s favorite perfume inside the cookware gift, or you can add a bottle of wine or some chocolates or flowers.
Mom’s always appreciate any gift their family give them, and remember if you purchase a good quality piece of cookware your gift will not only give mom pleasure on the day but will give her many years of useful service.
And why not take advantage of the free shipping offer on orders over $29.oo from MetroKitchen.com
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 at
When you are working in the kitchen how many times do you find yourself in a fight with your cutting board?
Perhaps it slides around on the countertop while you are trying to make precision cuts. Maybe it’s just not a large enough surface to get things done. Then once the cooking and clean up is done, where do you put it?
The KitchenAid Poly Cutting Board with Santoprene Handles solves all of these problems for you.
First the KitchenAid Poly Cutting Board with Santoprene Handles is made with a rubber edge at each end. While this may seem like it’s just a decorative touch when you look at it, it actually helps to keep the cutting board in place when you are using it. Even on countertops that are known to be slicker, like granite, the cutting board will hold fast.
Next, the board has an 11 x 11 inch cutting surface which can handle almost anything you need to cut in the kitchen without being too overwhelming and taking up all of the counter space.
Finally, when you are done using your cutting board and have cleaned up the kitchen, those handles on the side are perfect to help you put it away, out of the way. You can hang it on almost any type of hook or wall clip.
What We Like:
- We are a big fan of the rubber handle that gives you another option to keep to from moving while you are cutting.
- We like that it is non-slide and stays pretty steady while you are using it.
- The handles make it easy to hang up to put away.
Other Things to Consider:
- The glue that is used to put the labels on the product is a nightmare to get off of the cutting board. Use Goo gone to remove the label easily and quickly.
- It seems to register cuts easily and the board can start to discolor, however, this is common with most poly cutting boards.
Overall this cutting board receives positive reviews with buyers liking the fact that it does not slip, is easy to store and use and it looks attractive.
CLICK HERE to read more reviews and to purchase the Kitchenaid Poly cutting board with Santoprene Handles
Saturday, April 11th, 2009 at
There are as many types of toasters out there as there are different bread types. It can be a bit overwhelming. Are you just looking for something simple that will brown 2 pieces of commercial bread, or do you want a toaster that can do everything from bagels to hamburger buns?
Here are a few tips and hints for choosing the right toaster for you.
Toasters all work the same way, you stick a piece of bread into them and a heating element browns it. What makes a toaster different from another is the various options available?
- Number of Slices – How much toast do you need? If it’s just for you a standard 2-slot toaster will be plenty. Do you have a large household? You might want to go with a multi-slot toaster. You can find these in 4, 6, even 8 slices.
- Browning Control - How dark do you like your toast? If you like variety look for a toaster that lets you control how long the bread toasts. It’s a common feature on even the most basic models
- Size of Bread Slot – Higher end toasters will allow for varying bread sizes. This option lets you plop in a bagel and not have to worry about it turning to charcoal or sticking when it pops up. The top end models will have a spring-loaded slot that adjusts to whatever sized bread you’re putting into it.
- Style – Since there are so many toaster options out there you just have to look for the right one to fit your kitchen. You can find any color out there all the way up to stainless steel. The choice is yours.
Use these four tips and hints for choosing a toaster and you’ll have a stylish product, and perfectly browned bread for years to come.