Whether it’s because you have a hunter in the family who gets fresh meat that you want to make into sausage, or you want to really know what goes in your foods, so you prefer making your own, you need a good book to get the basics on how to do it and how to do it right. Home Sausage Making : How-To Techniques for Making and Enjoying 100 Sausages at Home is that book.
This book not only teaches you how to make great sausages, but it is also chock full of recipes that will help you start to fill your freezer. And it doesn’t just stick to the usual meats that go into sausage as it includes everything from chicken and beef to shellfish and venison. Believe it or not, there even are options to learn how to make sausages that are vegetarian with all the taste but none of the meat.
For the beginner, this book is a must have that will give you everything you need to start sausaging any and all kinds of meat.
What We Like
- This is a great beginner book that will give you a good grasp of this art.
- If you have never made sausages before, this is a great step-by-step book to get you through the process painlessly.
- Once you know what you’re doing, this book gives you a lot of ideas for how to make a number of different sausages.
What We Don’t Like
- There could have been more sausage making recipes (and fewer recipes for using sausage) included.
- This has the basics, but if you already know the basics you may not get a lot out of this book.
- Many of the recipes are lacking in flavor and you will probably want to add more spices.